Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fish Spa

I've heard of many ridiculous, funny and surprising things, but over the last couple of days I came across something that initially I thought was a joke. A fish spa!

Now forgive me, but never having previously experienced a pedicure, I came across the latest eco-friendly, health craze. What better way to trim the toe nails or remove the dead skin cells under your feet than to have fish do it for you? Now, I know you think I'm crazy, but it's true. After I took a photo as proof for my friends back home, my Malaysian friend pressured me to give it a go. Being the compliant person I am, I did. I dipped my feet into a small pool filled with 1,000 Doctor Fish and allowed them to feed on my feet - literally!

Initially, I lasted for about 5 seconds, as the tickling sensation was simply too much! After 3 or 4 dips, I managed to leave my feet in for about 15 minutes until a fresh set of feet found their way into the pool. The feet felt great afterwards, and yes, they remained in tact. Not a bad pedicure for $1.50 eh?

5 comments:

  1. How cool is that fish spa and so cheap!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you get fish and chips at the end of the spa!!! from Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why does this NOT surprise me, when you're hanging out L.W.M.? I WAS surprised you all passed on the Durian facial treatment! Ha! -Ken

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to buy you a Pediegg for your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its an amazing experience to have an fish spa and its cheap too.

    ReplyDelete